Weekend Overnight Resident Advisor
who WE are
- We’re The SAFE Alliance, an alliance of Austin Children’s Shelter and SafePlace.
- We’re a registered, 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, spanning two beautiful campuses on several acres in beautiful Austin, Texas.
- We’re a diverse, passionate group of more than 335 staff with a vision of a just and safe community, free from violence and abuse, and a mission to lead in ending sexual assault and exploitation, child abuse and domestic violence through prevention, intervention, and advocacy for change.
- We’re an Austin-American Statesman’s “Top Workplace” Winner for 2015 and 2016.
who YOU are
- You’re a strong believer that all people should have lives that are free from violence and abuse.
- You’re someone who cares about positive client and customer relations. You build strong relationships, and you deliver effective client and customer-centric solutions.
- You’ve are impeccable decision maker. Your decisions are timely, and they’ll help the organization move forward.
- You value differences, recognizing that different perspectives and cultural diversity make the world a better place to be.
- Your interpersonal skills are on point. You easily relate openly and comfortably with very diverse groups of people.
- You’re resilient, rebounding from setbacks and adversity with both poise and ease.
- You’re resourceful. You know how to secure and deploy resources both effectively and efficiently.
- You’re trustworthy. You gain confidence and the trust of others through integrity and forthright honesty.
what WE need YOU to do for us
We need you to fill the role of Resident Advisor. This is a part time, non-exempt position. You’ll wow us by masterfully performing the following key duties and responsibilities:
- Providing crisis intervention and referrals on the hotline
- Resident assistance to those in the Family Shelter
- Approves admission to the shelter in accordance with SafePlace campus shelter policies and procedures
- Provides front desk coverage (answering incoming calls, responding to intercoms, assisting residents at front desk, etc.) in between hotline calls as needed
- Provides shelter intake to incoming shelter clients
- Helps client move and settle into shelter
- Participates in volunteer & staff training when needed
to be successful in this role, WE’LL need YOU to
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field or have relevant life experience, work, volunteer experience
- Have 1 – 2 years’ crisis counseling experience which is preferred
- Respond to clients, on the telephone and in person, in a constructive and supportive manner
- Have the ability to problem-solve and diffuse crises under pressure
- Have knowledge of domestic violence and sexual assault issues
- Bilingual Spanish/English Preferred
- Have light clerical skills
- Pass all required criminal history background checks (including an FBI fingerprint check), as well as submit to a pre-employment drug screen and TB test.
- Adhere to our Guiding Principles, Mission, Core Competencies and Confidentiality Policy.
how WE’LL make it worth YOUR while
- We will pay you $13.00–$14.50 hourly based on experience and skill set.
- We’ll contribute 2% to your 403(b) retirement, and we’ll kick in an additional 1% if you agree to match it.
- We understand that you have commitments outside of the workplace, and we’ll do our very best to offer you some flexibility in your work schedule.
- We’ll provide you with an amazing work environment where you’ll get to make a difference every day.
- Part time, Friday /Saturday 11p.m. to 7 a.m. and Saturday/Sunday 11p.m. to 7 a.m.
- You don’t need to call us, just follow the link below.
- We promise we’ll get in touch with you by phone or email.
- Here’s the link to apply: http://jobs.safeaustin.org/apply/ieEaoG1ckU/Weekend-Overnight-Resident-Advisor?source=TAASA