Project HOPES: Bilingual Counselor/Domestic Violence Specialist
who YOU are
- You’re a strong believer that all people should have lives that are free from violence and abuse.
- You’re someone who cares about positive client and customer relations. You build strong relationships, and you deliver effective client and customer-centric solutions.
- You’ve are impeccable decision maker. Your decisions are timely, and they’ll help the organization move forward.
- You value differences, recognizing that different perspectives and cultural diversity make the world a better place to be.
- Your interpersonal skills are on point. You easily relate openly and comfortably with very diverse groups of people.
- You’re resilient, rebounding from setbacks and adversity with both poise and ease.
- You’re resourceful. You know how to secure and deploy resources both effectively and efficiently.
- You’re trustworthy. You gain confidence and the trust of others through integrity and forthright honesty.
what WE need YOU to do for us
We need you to fill the role of Project HOPES: Bilingual Counselor/Domestic Violence Specialist. This is a FULL TIME, NON-EXEMPT position. You’ll wow us by masterfully performing the following key duties and responsibilities:
- Provides client focused: intake, clinical assessment, crisis intervention, safety planning and short-term counseling for adults, children and families who have experienced domestic violence in a variety of settings including: home visits, community visits or at a SAFE campus.
- Provides domestic violence prevention and other therapeutic intervention services to families receiving Project HOPES services in order to reduce family risk and increase child safety.
- Completes safety planning and assessments with families who have current or prior domestic violence and or are at risk for domestic violence to assess for lethality. Identifies options for addressing domestic violence.
- Provides resources and tools for child abuse prevention.
- Provides supportive groups/workshops to Project HOPES and non-Project HOPES clients, which focus on domestic violence, family dynamics, and prevention, intervention and support services for families at risk of domestic violence or for families where there is current or prior domestic violence history.
- Participates in team meetings including: SAFE Futures, Community Advocacy, Survivor Advocacy, Project HOPES, and other staff meetings as required for the success of the program.
- Works as a team member, providing support as well as constructive feedback in interpersonal interactions.
to be successful in this role, WE’LL need YOU to
- Be a License Personal Counselor (LPC), License Masters Social Worker (LMSW), or License Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) Master’s Degree required.
- Have experience conducting services including in-home therapeutic services, advocacy, case management and safety planning as needed for the adult survivor of domestic violence required.
- Experience and/or education that pertains to working with children, with an understanding of child development required.
- Experience conducting home visitation and assessment preferred.
- Demonstrates conviction about the capacity of people to grow and change.
- Adheres to SAFE Alliance’s Guiding Principles, Mission, Standards of Conduct, Core Competencies and Confidentiality Policy.
- Valid Texas driver’s license and dependable transportation.
- Pass all required criminal history background checks (including an FBI fingerprint check), as well as submit to a pre-employment drug screen and TB test.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required.
how WE’LL make it worth YOUR while
- We will pay you an annual salary of $43,000-$45,500.
- We’ll pay for your medical, life and short-term disability insurance.
- We will give you 15 accrued paid time off days in the first year, and 22 days in the second year, capping out at 30 days after year seven.
- We’ll pay you for our six agency holidays and four additional personal holidays to be used at your discretion.
- We’ll contribute 2% to your 403(b) retirement, and we’ll kick in an additional 1% if you agree to match it.
- We understand that you have commitments outside of the workplace, and we’ll do our very best to offer you some flexibility in your work schedule.
- We’ll offer you discounted day care for your kiddos at one of our two onsite day care centers, as enrollment allows.
- We’ll provide you with an amazing work environment where you’ll get to make a difference every day.
- You don’t need to call us, just follow the link below.
- We promise we’ll get in touch with you by phone or email.
- Here’s the link to apply: http://jobs.safeaustin.org/apply/3deMPchbdf/Bilingual-CounselorDomestic-Violence-Specialist?source=TAASA