|Location:||2101 S IH 35 Frontage Rd., Suite 300, Austin, Texas 78741|
|Job Title:||Intake Specialist|
|Program:||Advocates for Victims of Crimes|
|FLSA Status:||Full-time, Non-Exempt|
|Reports to:||Advocacy Manager|
|Days and Hours of Work:||Mon.-Fri.; 40 hours/week, 8am-5pm|
Program: The Crime Victims Program is a TLSC program that was established to provide high quality legal assistance to crime victims.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: We are seeking an intake specialist that will also provide administrative and grant support. Duties of the position will include:
- Conduct intake interviews, check for conflicts of interest and determine caller’s eligibility for program services.
- Accurately and efficiently input caller data into the firm’s case management system.
- Assist with grant data tracking.
- Respond to caller’s questions in a patient, compassionate manner. Communicate with callers and clients in a culturally sensitive, trauma-informed manner.
- Maintain the highest level of professionalism when working with other TLSC staff, other Legal Aid programs, governmental and funding entities, and the public.
- Perform other duties as assigned by senior management, and the Advocacy Manager.
- Communicate effectively internally and with outside organizations.
- Warrant all appointments and deadlines are calendared and timely executed with sufficient time dedicated for management approval of outgoing/legal documents.
- High school graduation or GED is required with four (4) years of relevant work experience in Texas or a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Social Work or other human services field and one (1) year of relevant work experience.
- Fluent in both English and Spanish.
- Team player with exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with diverse personalities.
- Self-starter with the ability to multi-task and complete required assignment in a timely manner.
- Ability to type with speed and accuracy and to utilize office software and case management systems.
- Experience using Microsoft Office products and other software
Knowledge and experience working with survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault in a trauma informed way preferred.
To apply and for more info go to: http://www.tlsc.org/jobs.html.