who WE are
- We’re The SAFE Alliance, an alliance of Austin Children’s Shelter and SafePlace.
- We’re a registered, 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, spanning two beautiful campuses on several acres in beautiful Austin, Texas.
- We’re a diverse, passionate group of more than 335 staff with a vision of a just and safe community, free from violence and abuse, and a mission to lead in ending sexual assault and exploitation, child abuse and domestic violence through prevention, intervention, and advocacy for change.
- Our staff were named “Every Day Superheroes” by the Austin Chronicle and we’re a two-time Austin-American Statesman’s “Top Workplace” winner for years 2015 and 2016.
who YOU are
- You’re a strong believer that all people should have lives that are free from violence and abuse.
- You’re someone who cares about positive client and customer relations. You build strong relationships, and you deliver effective client and customer-centric solutions.
- You’ve are impeccable decision maker. Your decisions are timely, and they’ll help the organization move forward.
- You value differences, recognizing that different perspectives and cultural diversity make the world a better place to be.
- Your interpersonal skills are on point. You easily relate openly and comfortably with very diverse groups of people.
- You’re resilient, rebounding from setbacks and adversity with both poise and ease.
- You’re resourceful. You know how to secure and deploy resources both effectively and efficiently.
- You’re trustworthy. You gain confidence and the trust of others through integrity and forthright honesty.
what WE need YOU to do for us
We need you to fill the role of COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR. This is a FULL TIME, EXEMPT position. You’ll wow us by masterfully performing the following key duties and responsibilities:
- Shows a high level of decision quality and resourcefulness while coordinating media requests and writing and editing various site content for safeaustin.org as directed by the Communications Director and in collaboration with the senior team.
- Develops and maintains editorial partnerships with other organizations to facilitate cross-posting of organization’s content in other online media.
- Shows forward thinking and cultural awareness while working to schedule, draft and/or edit timely, responsive, engaging and thoughtful articles for online publication.
- Demonstrates interpersonal skills and instills trust in coordination with other departments to edit new and existing printed materials, including brochures, fliers, rack cards, and survivor outreach material, demonstrating respect for values differences while working with colleagues.
- Maintains photo archive for the organization.
- Responds to comments and general requests from the public sent to organization’s website or posted to social media.
- Attends all required meetings.
- Demonstrates resiliency and flexibility while handling other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Job is largely sedentary; significant computer work is required.
- Some night and weekend availability to attend major events.
- With reasonable accommodation, this position requires the manual dexterity to sufficiently operate phones, computers, and other office equipment.
- Must be able to clearly and accurately communicate to convey information using the English language, both verbally and in writing.
- Be capable of sitting and standing for extended periods of time, as well as be able to intermittently push, pull, or lift 20+lbs. of force.
- Regular travel between organization locations.
to be successful in this role, WE’LL need YOU to
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in marketing, English/journalism, political science or a related field is strongly preferred. Extensive experience in the field may be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Have three-to-five years of marketing, communications, media or public-relations experience.
- Working knowledge of Spanish highly encouraged.
- Familiarity with Associated Press style guidelines strongly preferred.
- Strong, concise writing abilities. Able to edit and draft material for length, tone, and style considerations.
- Must be flexible, highly organized, able to manage multiple projects and competing deadlines, detail oriented and a resourceful problem solver.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite software.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively within a team environment. Can coordinate effectively with off-site and/or remote-work colleagues, vendors, and contractors using online collaborative tools.
- Able to work collaboratively with, and at times accept direction from, multiple senior staff members on various projects.
- Ability to quickly synthesize complex information and clearly communicate it to a lay audience.
- Pass all required criminal history background checks (including an FBI fingerprint check), as well as submit to a pre-employment drug screen and TB test.
- Adhere to our Guiding Principles, Mission, Core Competencies and Confidentiality Policy.
how WE’LL make it worth YOUR while
- We will pay you an annual salary in a range dependent upon experience.
- We’ll pay for your medical, life and short-term disability insurance.
- We will give you 15 accrued paid time off days in the first year, and 22 days in the second year, capping out at 30 days after year seven.
- We’ll pay you for our six agency holidays and four additional personal holidays to be used at your discretion.
- We’ll contribute 2% to your 403(b) retirement, and we’ll kick in an additional 1% if you agree to match it.
- We understand that you have commitments outside of the workplace, and we’ll do our very best to offer you some flexibility in your work schedule.
- We’ll offer you discounted day care for your kiddos at one of our two onsite day care centers, as enrollment allows.
- We’ll provide you with an amazing work environment where you’ll get to make a difference every day.
- You don’t need to call us, just follow the link below.
- We promise we’ll get in touch with you by phone or email.
- Here’s the link to apply: http://jobs.safeaustin.org/apply/l2xrVXk1JR/Communications-Coordinator?source=TAASA