Chief Communications and Marketing Officer
who WE are
- We’re The SAFE Alliance, a merger of Austin Children’s Shelter and SafePlace.
- We’re a registered, 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, spanning two amazing campuses on several acres in beautiful Austin, Texas.
- We’re a diverse, passionate group of more than 350 staff with a vision of a just and safe community, free from violence and abuse, and a mission to lead in ending sexual assault and exploitation, child abuse and domestic violence through prevention, intervention, and advocacy for change.
- Our staff were named “Every Day Superheroes” by the Austin Chronicle; we’re a two-time Austin-American Statesman’s “Top Workplace” winner for years 2015 and 2016; and we were named a “Best Nonprofit” in 2017 by the Nonprofit Times.
who YOU are
- You’re a strong believer that all people should have lives that are free from violence and abuse.
- You’re someone who cares about positive client and customer relations. You build strong relationships, and you deliver effective client and customer-centric solutions.
- You are a good decision maker. Your decisions are timely, and they’ll help the organization move forward.
- You value differences, recognizing that different perspectives and cultural diversity make the world a better place to be.
- Your interpersonal skills are on point. You easily relate openly and comfortably with very diverse groups of people.
- You’re resilient, rebounding from setbacks and adversity with both poise and ease.
- You’re resourceful. You know how to secure and deploy resources both effectively and efficiently.
- You’re trustworthy. You gain confidence and the trust of others through integrity and forthright honesty.
what WE need YOU to do for us
We need you to fill the role of Chief Marketing and Communications Officer. This is a Full-Time, Exempt position. You’ll wow us by masterfully performing the following key duties and responsibilities:
Provide direction and leadership for SAFE marketing and communications efforts. Ensure coherent, consistent and effective marketing and communications plans are developed and executed in support of The SAFE Alliance. Primary focus generally includes messaging to both external and internal audiences and include public relations, media relations, informational newsletters and similar communications, social media, advertising, community and public affairs, and development fulfillment. Key duties and responsibilities:
- Provide leadership, direction, structure and supervision for SAFE marketing and communications team;
- Work with the SAFE senior Leadership Team to develop and implement strategic communications and marketing plans for the agency;
- Ensure fulfillment of related department needs as prioritized, particularly development and prevention and community services;
- Develop and maintain annual departmental goals and a process for monthly and annual reporting on the goals;
- Coordinate with the CEO and SAFE Senior Leadership Team to ensure prioritization of requests/activities, communication and problem solving around prioritization of activities; and follow through toward identified projects and goals;
- Works with CEO and senior leadership to develop community/public affairs goals and strategies for achievement.
- As a member of the senior leadership team, this position assists with overall agency direction and guidance, including budget development, long-term planning, and serving as the primary staff liaison to numerous internal and external advisory committees.
to be successful in this role, WE’LL need YOU to
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Non-Profit Management, English, Communications, Journalism, or related field.
- Three to five years’ experience in management that includes a communications and marketing role, including experience in media relations, brand management and social media.
- Extensive experience in supervision and motivation of staff.
- Experience with public policy and management of external affairs.
- Experience in senior leadership positions in non-profit organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and prioritize in a fast-paced environment with multiple competing priorities.
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to take responsibility for a diverse number of projects and ensure their completion in a timely manner and with limited supervision.
- Proficiency in the use of a personal computer and with standard office, design, and web programs and applications.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Pass all required criminal history background checks (including an FBI fingerprint check), as well as submit to a pre-employment drug screen and TB test.
- Adhere to our Guiding Principles, Mission, Core Competencies and Confidentiality Policy.
how WE’LL make it worth YOUR while
- We will pay you an annual salary of $68,000 – $78,000.
- We’ll pay for your medical, life and short-term disability insurance.
- We will give you 15 accrued paid time off days in the first year, and 22 days in the second year, capping out at 30 days after year seven.
- We’ll pay you for our six agency holidays and four additional personal holidays to be used at your discretion.
- We’ll contribute 2% to your 403(b) retirement, and we’ll kick in an additional 1% if you agree to match it.
- We understand that you have commitments outside of the workplace, and we’ll do our very best to offer you some flexibility in your work schedule.
- We’ll offer you discounted day care for your kiddos at one of our two onsite day care centers, as enrollment allows.
- We’ll provide you with an amazing work environment where you’ll get to make a difference every day.
- You don’t need to call us, just follow the link below.
- We promise we’ll get in touch with you by phone or email.
- Here’s the link to apply: http://jobs.safeaustin.org/apply/SnmPqWGHxL/Chief-Communications-And-Marketing-Officer?source=TAASA