who WE are
- We’re The SAFE Alliance, a merger of Austin Children’s Shelter and SafePlace.
- We’re a registered, 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, spanning two beautiful campuses on several acres in beautiful Austin, Texas.
- We’re a diverse, passionate group of more than 335 staff with a vision of a just and safe community, free from violence and abuse, and a mission to lead in ending sexual assault and exploitation, child abuse and domestic violence through prevention, intervention, and advocacy for change.
- Our staff were named “Every Day Superheroes” by the Austin Chronicle and we’re a two-time Austin-American Statesman’s “Top Workplace” winner for years 2015 and 2016.
who YOU are
- You’re a strong believer that all people should have lives that are free from violence and abuse.
- You’re someone who cares about positive client and customer relations. You build strong relationships, and you deliver effective client and customer-centric solutions.
- You’ve are impeccable decision maker. Your decisions are timely, and they’ll help the organization move forward.
- You value differences, recognizing that different perspectives and cultural diversity make the world a better place to be.
- Your interpersonal skills are on point. You easily relate openly and comfortably with very diverse groups of people.
- You’re resilient, rebounding from setbacks and adversity with both poise and ease.
- You’re resourceful. You know how to secure and deploy resources both effectively and efficiently.
- You’re trustworthy. You gain confidence and the trust of others through integrity and forthright honesty.
what WE need YOU to do for us
We need you to fill the role of Alumni Navigator. This is a Full time, non-exempt position. You’ll wow us by masterfully performing the following key duties and responsibilities:
- Deploys outreach techniques for engaging former foster care youth.
- Facilitates support groups, training opportunities, and daily life skills counsel, as appropriate.
- Acts in client-focused manner when serving the approximately 20 alumni youth per year in the pilot Alumni Services program.
- Case-manages former foster youth participants, as well as serves as their main point of contact.
- Exercises superb decision quality when assisting youth to develop goals and establish a plan for each youth, helping youth navigate roadblocks when working on their plan, along with monitoring and assessing their progression through the plan that was developed.
- Responds resiliently when facilitating resolutions for roadblocks that exist for each youth as they complete their navigation plan.
- Instills trust when coaching and supporting youth, to ensure they are leveraging relationships and opportunities, as well as problem-solving issues as they arise.
- Advocates on behalf of Alumni Services program participants, leveraging exceptional interpersonal skill to develop and enhance relationships with other agencies that may have cross-benefits to youth served in the Alumni Services program.
- Builds and maintains information about benefits and opportunities available to youth participants.
Values differences when supporting a network of alumni mentors (those who have been previously served in the program), so they can serve as leaders and role models in sharing their knowledge and experiences with youth currently served in the program
to be successful in this role, WE’LL need YOU to
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or actively working towards Bachelor’s degree completion.
- Preference in hiring made toward former foster care youth.
- Preference given to someone who has at least one year of professional, intern or volunteer experience in social services.
- Pass all required criminal history background checks (including an FBI fingerprint check), as well as submit to a pre-employment drug screen and TB test.
- Adhere to our Guiding Principles, Mission, Core Competencies and Confidentiality Policy.
how WE’LL make it worth YOUR while
- We will pay you an annual salary of $30,000-$33,000.
- We’ll pay for your medical, life and short-term disability insurance.
- We will give you 15 accrued paid time off days in the first year, and 22 days in the second year, capping out at 30 days after year seven.
- We’ll pay you for our six agency holidays and four additional personal holidays to be used at your discretion.
- We’ll contribute 2% to your 403(b) retirement, and we’ll kick in an additional 1% if you agree to match it.
- We understand that you have commitments outside of the workplace, and we’ll do our very best to offer you some flexibility in your work schedule.
- We’ll offer you discounted day care for your kiddos at one of our two onsite day care centers, as enrollment allows.
- We’ll provide you with an amazing work environment where you’ll get to make a difference every day.
- You don’t need to call us, just follow the link below.
- We promise we’ll get in touch with you by phone or email.
- Here’s the link to apply: http://jobs.safeaustin.org/apply/1mPTpJBArn/Alumni-Navigator?source=TAASA