who WE are
- We’re The SAFE Alliance, a merger of Austin Children’s Shelter and SafePlace.
- We’re a registered, 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, spanning two beautiful campuses on several acres in beautiful Austin, Texas.
- We’re a diverse, passionate group of more than 335 staff with a vision of a just and safe community, free from violence and abuse, and a mission to lead in ending sexual assault and exploitation, child abuse and domestic violence through prevention, intervention, and advocacy for change.
- Our staff were named “Every Day Superheroes” by the Austin Chronicle; we’re a two-time Austin-American Statesman’s “Top Workplace” winner for years 2015 and 2016; and we were named a “Best Nonprofit” in 2017 by the Nonprofit Times.
who YOU are
- You’re a strong believer that all people should have lives that are free from violence and abuse.
- You’re someone who cares about positive client and customer relations. You build strong relationships, and you deliver effective client and customer-centric solutions.
- You’ve are impeccable decision maker. Your decisions are timely, and they’ll help the organization move forward.
- You value differences, recognizing that different perspectives and cultural diversity make the world a better place to be.
- Your interpersonal skills are on point. You easily relate openly and comfortably with very diverse groups of people.
- You’re resilient, rebounding from setbacks and adversity with both poise and ease.
- You’re resourceful. You know how to secure and deploy resources both effectively and efficiently.
- You’re trustworthy. You gain confidence and the trust of others through integrity and forthright honesty.
what WE need YOU to do for us
We need you to fill the role of Survivor Advocate. This is a FULL-TIME, Salary NON-EXEMPT position. You’ll wow us by masterfully performing the following key duties and responsibilities:
- Assess the needs of adults and families; use strength-based approach to develop service plans
- Advocate for survivors of sexual abuse and/or domestic violence by helping them obtain information and referral for resources that will increase their self-sufficiency skills
- Provide short and mid-term case management services
- Possess current information about local social service agencies; housing, legal, financial support/funding options, crisis services, and others
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Must maintain flexibility and show demonstrated ability to take responsibility for a diverse number of projects and complete them in a timely manner
- Possesses high level of work ethics with handling confidential client information, appropriately sets professional boundaries, is able to process a lot of details
- Responds appropriately to the cultural differences present among the organization’s service population and staff
to be successful in this role, WE’LL need YOU to
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) required
- 2 years of case management experience
- Have knowledge of sexual assault and domestic violence issues
- Have knowledge of systems related to domestic violence, sexual abuse, and homelessness preferred
- Strong knowledge of services delivery system for women and children preferred
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage details and multiple priorities effectively
- Pass all required criminal history background checks (including an FBI fingerprint check), as well as submit to a pre-employment drug screen and TB test.
- Adhere to our Guiding Principles, Mission, Core Competencies and Confidentiality Policy.
how WE’LL make it worth YOUR while
- We will pay you an annual salary of $31,200-33,280.
- We’ll pay for your medical, life and short-term disability insurance.
- We will give you 15 accrued paid time off days in the first year, and 22 days in the second year, capping out at 30 days after year seven.
- We’ll pay you for our six agency holidays and four additional personal holidays to be used at your discretion.
- We’ll contribute 2% to your 403(b) retirement, and we’ll kick in an additional 1% if you agree to match it.
- We understand that you have commitments outside of the workplace, and we’ll do our very best to offer you some flexibility in your work schedule.
- We’ll offer you discounted day care for your kiddos at one of our two onsite day care centers, as enrollment allows.
- We’ll provide you with an amazing work environment where you’ll get to make a difference every day.
- You don’t need to call us, just follow the link below.
- We promise we’ll get in touch with you by phone or email.
- Here’s the link to apply: http://jobs.safeaustin.org/apply/4MOKB2mBzL/Survivor-Advocate?source=TAASA