Download Job Ad | Send Cover Letter and Resume:
Submission Deadline: Monday, February 13, 2017
Job Title: Sexual Assault Prevention Coordinator
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer, ICESA
The Sexual Assault Prevention Coordinator will be the project lead on the Rape Prevention Education project. The Prevention Coordinator will ensure that all trainings, workshops, special events, and public advertisements are prevention-focused, evidence-based, and based on national best practices for sexual violence prevention messaging. The Prevention Coordinator will work directly with students at various Indiana campuses to educate them about sexual violence prevention, help them feel empowered to make a difference in their communities, and understand best practices and approaches for violence prevention. The Prevention Coordinator will travel to various campuses throughout Indiana to provide trainings and workshops to students and student organizations. This person will also assist students and campus professionals in putting on special events that are focused on sexual violence prevention. When necessary, the Prevention Coordinator will work with the ICESA Director of Campus Initiatives to connect with students and employees at the Campus Consortium schools, and to coordinate events on the Consortium campuses.
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, health education, higher education or a related field.
- Master’s degree preferred in a related field, such as higher education, public health or human services.
- Minimum of two years of full-time experience in the field of victim services and a knowledge and understanding of sexual violence and related issues on a college campus.
- Knowledge and familiarity with Greek Life processes and values and demonstrated experience working effectively with fraternity men.
- Ability to develop, implement, market and assess engaging and interactive campus programs and events.
- Prior experience with or demonstrated commitment to developing and implementing sexual violence prevention and education programs engaging men as bystanders and allies.
- Proven record of implementing evidence-informed primary prevention programming as it pertains to sexual assault.
- Has advanced small and large group facilitation skills.
- Current knowledge of principals/practices in primary prevention.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven experience using advanced functions within Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive and productive working relationships with a cross section of constituents including sexual assault service providers throughout Indiana.
- Commitment to ending sexual violence, intimate partner violence, and stalking.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and excellence in organizational and project management with the ability to achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget.
- Integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed with demonstrated passion for ICESA’s mission and commitment to working collaboratively.
- A team player, who can interrelate and operate effectively with peers and other associates within a collegial, yet demanding, work environment.
- An individual who can handle a variety of constituencies, manage multiple tasks simultaneously and thrive in a complex environment with multiple priorities.
- Impeccable integrity.
- Strong work ethic.
- Work collaboratively with all ICESA staff members. Contribute to the professional tone and approach of the project and ICESA, within the perimeters of ICESA’s mission and philosophy. Other duties as assigned.
- Reliable personal vehicle and a valid driver’s license are required. Driving is required.