The Development Associate reports directly to and works closely with the Executive Director in implementation of a successful development plan. The Development Associate works with the ED and provides administrative and strategic support for AFSSA’s fundraising program. The job includes donor database management, donor cultivation, creation and maintenance of appropriate donor communications, grant research and writing, public presentations, and assistance with special events.
Duties of Development Associate
The Development Associate will assist the Executive Director in implementing a comprehensive development program that generates individual donor, foundation, and corporate support. The Development Associate is responsible for the following:
- Assist the Executive Director with execution of the annual fund plan that includes foundation and corporate gifts, major donors, planned giving and special events.
- Act as first point of contact for all fundraising inquiries (via post, email, website, etc.) and provide professional and high quality customer service to donors, volunteers, staff, and other community contacts.
- In coordination with Executive Director and Board of Directors, builds and sustains relationships with current, new and potential supporters with a focus on methodical development of donor relations and recognition.
- Assist with implementation of individual donor campaigns and special appeals.
- Work collaboratively with the Executive Director and Fundraising committees on logistics and implementation of special events.
- Work with Executive Director to create and post content for the agency’s social media, e-news, and other mass communication.
- Manage organizational database–create profiles and track donors and prospects; and, in coordination with the Executive Director, manage communications with donors. Implement efficient and timely donor record-keeping and recognition.
- Provide assistance to the Board External and Event committees to enhance development efforts.
- Work with and coordinate volunteers within the Development Program.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated attention to detail and innate ability to organize and convey information efficiently.
- Ability to work in alignment with the Executive Director’s fundraising goals and activities.
- Ability to work productively both independently and with a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a strong collaborative approach to working with a wide range of people both inside and outside of the organization.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects of broad scope, prepare correspondence, prepare reports, and make personal presentations.
- Ability to work under pressure, make timely and consistent decisions, set timelines and prioritize.
- Proficiency in personal computer and Microsoft Office Applications.
- Familiarity with bulk mailing procedures, E-Tapestry, and Constant Contact.
- Entrepreneurial attitude and creative thinking with high degree of professionalism
- Strong interpersonal skills and comfortable working with donors, volunteers and staff.
- Comfortable giving presentations and with public speaking.
- Dynamic, flexible, and adaptable individual.
- Minimum requirement of a Bachelor’s Degree and/or 2 years of experience in development, especially in individual campaigns, donor cultivation, grant writing, and event coordination.
- Demonstrated experience working with different sectors of businesses, foundations and individuals and broad understanding of multi-prong campaign planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Experience in developing successful donor communications and marketing materials.
- Strong understanding and commitment to social justice issues and nonprofit development/capacity building.
$ 30,000 – $34,000.
Some night and weekend work is expected.
Vacation and health insurance reimbursement.
U.S. work permit required
Please send resumes to P.O. BOX 14234, Austin, TX 78761 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. NO PHONE INQUIRIES.
AFSSA is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, language, ethnicity, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression or status as a disabled veteran.