who WE are
- We’re The SAFE Alliance, a merger of Austin Children’s Shelter and SafePlace.
- We’re a registered, 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, spanning two beautiful campuses on several acres in beautiful Austin, Texas.
- We’re a diverse, passionate group of more than 335 staff with a vision of a just and safe community, free from violence and abuse, and a mission to lead in ending sexual assault and exploitation, child abuse and domestic violence through prevention, intervention, and advocacy for change.
- Our staff were named “Every Day Superheroes” by the Austin Chronicle and we’re a two-time Austin-American Statesman’s “Top Workplace” winner for years 2015 and 2016.
who YOU are
- You’re a strong believer that all people should have lives that are free from violence and abuse.
- You’re someone who cares about positive client and customer relations. You build strong relationships, and you deliver effective client and customer-centric solutions.
- You’ve are impeccable decision maker. Your decisions are timely, and they’ll help the organization move forward.
- You value differences, recognizing that different perspectives and cultural diversity make the world a better place to be.
- Your interpersonal skills are on point. You easily relate openly and comfortably with very diverse groups of people.
- You’re resilient, rebounding from setbacks and adversity with both poise and ease.
- You’re resourceful. You know how to secure and deploy resources both effectively and efficiently.
- You’re trustworthy. You gain confidence and the trust of others through integrity and forthright honesty.
what WE need YOU to do for us
We need you to fill the role of Community Organizer. This is a FULL TIME, EXEMPT position. You’ll wow us by masterfully performing the following key duties and responsibilities:
- Develop, implement and manage community engagement projects in Austin/Travis County intended to raise awareness and foster stewardship to address sexual assault/exploitation, child abuse and domestic violence.
- Engage with a variety of civic, faith, non-profit and grass-roots groups to build and support partnerships, gain new resources and enhance our community-wide capacity to address our common goal of preventing sexual assault/exploitation, child abuse and domestic violence.
- Work with agency Communications and Community Advocacy teams to identify issues for targeted awareness raising. Design and develop community participation processes. Assess community assets and strengths.
- Facilitate awareness-raising and leadership building presentations, professional trainings and prevention activities on the issues of sexual assault/exploitation, child abuse and domestic violence. Contribute to curriculum development and content for written educational materials.
- Promote activities and services through various forms of media.
- Evaluate program using measurable outcomes
to be successful in this role, WE’LL need YOU to
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in adult education, social work, psychology, sociology, women’s studies or related field or equivalent life experience.
- Requires at least one year public speaking experience.
- Requires at least one year community organizing experience.
- Be knowledgeable of issues and systems related to sexual assault/exploitation, child abuse and domestic/dating violence.
- Be bilingual (English/Spanish) – preferred
- Be flexible and demonstrate ability to take responsibility for a diverse number of projects/priorities and complete them in a timely manner with limited supervision
- Pass all required criminal history background checks (including an FBI fingerprint check), as well as submit to a pre-employment drug screen and TB test.
- Adhere to our Guiding Principles, Mission, Core Competencies and Confidentiality Policy.
how WE’LL make it worth YOUR while
- We will pay you an annual salary of $34,350-$37,900.
- We’ll pay for your medical, life and short-term disability insurance.
- We will give you 15 accrued paid time off days in the first year, and 22 days in the second year, capping out at 30 days after year seven.
- We’ll pay you for our six agency holidays and four additional personal holidays to be used at your discretion.
- We’ll contribute 2% to your 403(b) retirement, and we’ll kick in an additional 1% if you agree to match it.
- We understand that you have commitments outside of the workplace, and we’ll do our very best to offer you some flexibility in your work schedule.
- We’ll offer you discounted day care for your kiddos at one of our two onsite day care centers, as enrollment allows.
- We’ll provide you with an amazing work environment where you’ll get to make a difference every day.
- You don’t need to call us, just follow the link below.
- We promise we’ll get in touch with you by phone or email.
- Here’s the link to apply: http://jobs.safeaustin.org/apply/MdjB9drlLv/Community-Organizer?source=TAASA