The TAASA Diversity Task Force facilitates access to reliable and accurate resources regarding diversity issues. We inform, empower, and support service providers in their goals to offer culturally appropriate and sensitive services to survivors of sexual assault from diverse communities.
Annual Donation $10 – proceeds benefit the Diversity Task Force scholarship program
- Professional Development
- Educational Opportunities
- Participate in Statewide Projects
- Online and telephone communication allows individuals to become involved on statewide Diversity Task Force projects remotely
- Time commitment and level of involvement is determined by participant based on their availability
TAASA’s Diversity Task Force provides a forum to connect, share ideas and exchange knowledge to increase effective outreach and services to ALL survivors of sexual assault.
Each Meeting Features:
- An expert speaker on diverse topics
- Education and information sharing amongst professionals from a variety of disciplines
Opportunities for Involvement:
- Academic Committee: Statewide collaboration on various academic projects (curriculum development, writing and training opportunities)
- Fundraising Committee: Coordinate efforts to raise money for the DTF Scholarship program
- Publicity Committee: Promotion of DTF activities and programs via social media and public speaking opportunities
- Conference Committee: Coordination of DTF activities at TAASA Conference (Silent Auction, Opening Reception)
TAASA Annual Conference Scholarships
In order to honor the spirit of grassroots advocacy TAASA’s Diversity Task Force offers scholarship opportunities for individuals making a difference and effectively serving marginalized communities to attend TAASA’s Annual Conference. All fundraising proceeds directly benefit the scholarship program.